Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #141
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VHSLhelper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last couple of years, I think Haysi and Norton has played, but I can't remember who won. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?</div></div>

    Over the last 10 years, the Haysi - JIB series was :
    dominated by the home team (5 of 6)
    dominated by Burton (4 of last 5)
    dominated by even-ness (5 of the 6 were decided by a TD or less)

    1997 Haysi 27-26
    1998 JIB 34-28, OT
    1999 Haysi 7-0
    2000 JIB 36-7
    2001 JIB 20-14 (@ Haysi - Tiger's went 9-1)
    2002 JIB 12-6 (double OT)
    2003-6 : DNP </div></div>Sounds like Norton held their own.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #142
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VHSLhelper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last couple of years, I think Haysi and Norton has played, but I can't remember who won. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?</div></div>

    Over the last 10 years, the Haysi - JIB series was :
    dominated by the home team (5 of 6)
    dominated by Burton (4 of last 5)
    dominated by even-ness (5 of the 6 were decided by a TD or less)

    1997 Haysi 27-26
    1998 JIB 34-28, OT
    1999 Haysi 7-0
    2000 JIB 36-7
    2001 JIB 20-14 (@ Haysi - Tiger's went 9-1)
    2002 JIB 12-6 (double OT)
    2003-6 : DNP </div></div>

    I know in 1996 JIB won as well, I can't remember the score but I know we won. The 97 game was a good game, I remember Kory Bostic making a diving catch in the endzone, probably watched it on film 100 times, I still don't see how he caught it.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #143
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VHSLhelper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last couple of years, I think Haysi and Norton has played, but I can't remember who won. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?</div></div>

    Over the last 10 years, the Haysi - JIB series was :
    dominated by the home team (5 of 6)
    dominated by Burton (4 of last 5)
    dominated by even-ness (5 of the 6 were decided by a TD or less)

    1997 Haysi 27-26
    1998 JIB 34-28, OT
    1999 Haysi 7-0
    2000 JIB 36-7
    2001 JIB 20-14 (@ Haysi - Tiger's went 9-1)
    2002 JIB 12-6 (double OT)
    2003-6 : DNP </div></div>

    I know in 1996 JIB won as well, I can't remember the score but I know we won. The 97 game was a good game, I remember Kory Bostic making a diving catch in the endzone, probably watched it on film 100 times, I still don't see how he caught it.</div></div>


    Here is what I posted yesterday!



    When I played for Burton from 95-98 we played Haysi a few times.

    '96 - 56-6 Burton
    '97 - 26-27 Haysi
    '98 - 34-28 Burton

    We had some good teams then. If we could've beaten Appy in the playoffs we may have had a state championship or two. But who knows we may not have had any at all.

    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  4. #144
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Ah, must have overlooked that one there Shoe, thanks. I didn't realize it was 56-6 but I do remember we won.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #145
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yeah I know what you mean there. But we had a fairly good team then. We beat Appy that same year 28-20 in OT. Hard to believe we went 8-2 that year and lost Appy in the first round of the playoff. After that year Buster got the boot and Paul Hale came along. Which IMHO Buster was good coach. I don't think we were ever below 7-3 with him. Even if he got his plays "madden" lol. But I guess that's what happens when you [censored] around.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #146
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I had the opportunity to talk with Buster several times. I found him to be a very likeable guy. He could be very entertaining at times.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  7. #147
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    He was definately entertaining and a pretty good coach. He was a good conditioning coach and taught us a lot of respect and discipline. If it wouldn't have been for his personal affairs he may still be here.

    You are right Shoe, we did have a good team that year, if we wouldn't have lost Goode, we would have been OK in the that playoff game, we just couldn't find anyone to step in and fill his shoes, or to put it better, Coach Large didn't put the right people in too fill his shoes. Appy had one helluva team that year but so did we, the regular season game that went 28-20 in OT was a great high school football game.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  8. #148
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    It's very possible if we could have gotten by Appy in the playoffs we could have been wearing rings. Didn't Todd get hurt against Lee that year? I know he blew his knee out.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  9. #149
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yep, late hit out of bounds by Browning Wynn. Out for the season and he never "fully" recovered. He rushed for 1,800+ yards his senior year but still was never the same.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #150
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lung while Appys schedule is not what it was back in 90's it is not a overly week schedule either

    there Out Of Dictric games are
    #1 Castlewood - Won a share of the Cumberland last season
    #2 Rye Cove - A solid team in a game that has become a bit of a rilvery
    #3 Gate City - IMHO the best non LPD team in the Region
    #4 St Paul - Should be one of the top Cumberland teams this season
    #5 Selbe Valley - Not a great team but will bring AA Powerpoints </div></div>

    Actually, other than GC it's pretty piss poor. I wasn't saying anything bad about them. They can schedule Wise County Christian School for all I care. It's just not a the typical schedule you'd see Tom put together. I guess somebody thought I was banging on papa or something. I haven't looked at the schedule for conflicting dates, but I wonder if Appy is playing one of those sisters of the poor teams on a week that Haysi has one of those open weeks. That would have been a decent game to watch. It could have turned into another good series like the JIB/Haysi series was or the Appy/Honaker one was.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •